Total Pageviews

Monday, April 25, 2011

Entering Truth:Life as of Today

Hi,
Chris here, Today marks the day that I try and end all my struggles with drugs and alcohol. I will have to lose relationships and "so called" friends, but gain the one friend I needed all along and that is Jesus! My struggle starts here and today and I want to let everyone who does not know me or even if you do; here is my story, my struggle, and my pain...

...I hope this helps people to understand this struggle better and to hopefully help others when they are in need or just need someone to talk to. I am here to live for God so today is when I turn it all over to him and just say; "God today I want you to be with me through my time of need. Be with me through all my struggles to come that hit me in the face. God, I just ask that you be with my family as they try an deal with my problems with me as many had an idea, but had no idea it was this bad. So now, I lay it all on you as I know you will be there with me. I know now that through you all things are possible."

Ok!!! Well, here starts a new day and a brand new me. Let my journey begin!!!

5 comments:

  1. Chris you are an amazing father and husband. I am here for you thru all of this that you are going through. I have never once turned my back on you and I do not plan to. I
    was in shock tonight to learn somethings I
    did not know but that is why we are in that group we are in. They were amazing and so kind. Chris you have us to help you and soon you will have real true friends. I love you and so do your kids and my parents. I love you you can do anything through Chris our Lord. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, I am soooo proud of you! Keep Jesus in your heart and life will be great! I'll keep praying for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, I don't know you or Emmie very well(in fact, I have only met you once) but the past few times that I have talked to her, she has had nothing bad to say about you. She loves you VERY much. I hope and pray with you that your struggles will be carried by the one who is greater than all of us. I will be praying for you and if you guys need ANYTHING, let me know.
    "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us-whatever we ask- we know that we have what we asked of him." -1 John 5:14-15
    Just know that whatever it is that you are struggling with, it is going to be hard. But also remember that the hard times are what bring us closer to God. Hang in there and be encouraged that once all your struggles have subsided, you will be stronger in the Lord!!! How awesome is that? Hope you have a wonderful day! -Becca Rossman

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Chris, Nancy here - Em's old roommate in Atlanta. You can do this! Not sure if you or Emmie are aware, but I've been sober 2.5 years ... I couldnt' do it alone but opted to go the 12 step route. Yes, I am a thriving and happy member of AA now. It's a great program and I've never been happier! I wish you the very best and please reach out anytime! Love, Nance

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have watched you through the years with your extreme ups, and extreme lows, I just hope you the best. I pray that this is the last time that you mutter the words " Today is the day i end all my struggles with my past addictions" I pray that Jesus helps you through your physical and mental withdrawl from so many evil demonds that haunted and plagued you. I hope to hear from you soon
    Love ya Chris
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete